To help local students pursue their goal of getting a math or science degree, Front Porch gives out five $16,000 scholarships each year (paid in annual installments of $4,000 per year for four years). We make many investments, but none are more important to us than investing in the next generation’s education.
- Complete your high school’s standard scholarship application form (you MUST include your email address – this is how we notify recipients)
- Completion of at least three years of science and three years of math
- One-page essay answering the prompt “What has been your biggest learning challenge during covid and how have you overcome it? “
- Reside in Tuolumne County
Applications will be ranked by (not necessarily in this order):
- Science/math related extracurricular projects (provide detailed information and examples where possible)
- Other information provided in your high school’s standard scholarship application
- Financial need
Please give your completed application to your high school guidance counselor by 3 pm on Wednesday, October 27. The scholarship committee, which includes high school teachers, college professors and business professionals, will notify scholarship winners via email by November 5.
If you have any questions, please direct them to your high school counselor.
We look forward to reading your applications.
Front Porch Foundation Scholarship Committee